About Moracle Foundation
Moracle Foundation was originally founded out of the needs of those from disadvantaged backgrounds to access the accountancy profession. It quickly became apparent that the barriers to the profession was wider and not limited to those from disadvantaged background and included ACCA affiliates, ACCA students, graduates, undergraduates and postgraduates having successfully completed their academic and vocational stages find that their employability or access to the profession is limited.
Central to this is the paucity of post-vocational training contracts, a regulatory requirement to qualify and practice independently in the accountancy profession. Having completed their academic and vocation stages, the aspirant graduates are frustrated by the absence of opportunity to fulfil the qualification requirement for eligibility to acquire full accountancy membership: Training Contract and Practical Work Experience.
Moracle Foundation bridges this gap.
On the one hand, Moracle Foundation helps trainees, undergraduates, graduates and postgraduates access and launch their careers in the accountancy and audit professions. In the other, Moracle Foundation helps employers tap into this fresh talent pool.
We help accountancy trainees, undergraduates, graduates and postgraduates from disadvantaged backgrounds gain full professional qualification, develop their employability skills and find their place in modern business reality.
Our strategy includes:
- Vocational training and work-based experience
- Ongoing professional career development support
- Engaging established strategic partnerships between employers and graduate trainees to nurture and develop a mutual working relationship
- Targeted conferences, workshops, events to foster the employability of individuals aspiring for a career in the accountancy profession
There is no shortage of talent in the accountancy market. Colleges, universities and distance learning institutions provide quality academic training for aspiring accountancy professionals. There are limited entry barriers to completing the vocational stages towards membership of ACCA. However, after passing their exams and completing the vocational stage, graduates and post-graduates need a training contract to build up a record documenting their practical work experience proving their competency. To achieve this, they need additional training provided by accountancy firms or other suitable organisations with an appropriate portfolio of senior qualified staff and practice licences.
Unfortunately, we have observed an upsetting tendency on the market: There are more trainee than there are trainee positions available. The overall number of trainee positions is falling year-on-year. Most accountancy trainees and graduates from disadvantaged backgrounds receive their training from small accountancy practices. Large, multinational accountancy firms offering trainee contracts with attractive salaries remain beyond their reach. We exist to help trainees and graduates from disadvantaged backgrounds bridge that gap. We aim to advise and aid them in finding the right placement to further their career – where their qualifications and abilities are most suited.
Moracle Foundation’s model
We have developed this strategy over the years in cooperation with accountancy graduates and participating practices:
For graduates / trainees
- 12 and 24-month paid contracts, depending on your qualifications and professional aspirations
- Comprehensive and structured vocational training and supervision
- Ongoing complementary career development support from Moracle Foundation
- Assistance with paperwork for their professional qualification or accreditation
- Annual membership scheme to Moracle Foundation after they have secured permanent work for Accountancy Practices
For potential employers
- Candidate are pre-qualified by the Moracle Foundation
- Structure of the training and the salary package is agreed with the Moracle Foundation
- Candidates are supervised by the qualified professionals to ensure that the professional needs of the business are met
- Candidates receive ongoing career development support
We have been doing this since 2010 and are registered with HM Revenue & Customs and Companies House as a company limited by guarantee - Company no 07424002.
Find out more how you could benefit from working with Moracle Foundation – call us on 020 8801 3470 or 07939 017649